Starting with viflow 8, a web server is required to run the viflow WebModel. However, a web server is also recommended for WebModels created with viflow 7. For this, you can use Internet Information Services (IIS) on a Windows operating system. This article explains how to install and set up ISS.
Note: We are using a Windows Server 2012 R2 here.
Installation of IIS
- Open the Server Manager and select Add Roles and Features under Manage 1.
- You may skip the preliminary remarks.
- Under Installation Type, select Role-based or Feature-based installation 2.
- Under Server Selection – Select a server from the server pool, select the desired server 3.
- Under Server Roles, select the Web Server (IIS) role 4.
- In the dialog, confirm the Include management tools field. Confirm the entry by clicking Add Features 5.
- Confirm the preselection in the Features dialog by clicking Next.
- Confirm the preselection in the Web Server (IIS) role by clicking Next.
- Only for WebModels created with viflow 8 and higher with authentication:
Under Role Services – Security activate the item Windows Authentication 6.
- Start the installation by clicking on Install.
- Close the dialog by clicking on Close.
Installation of additional software components
Now further configurations can be made depending on your needs.