As explained in the viflow help, the contents of a process model can be exported to Excel. In this format, the contents can be edited and also translated. New languages can also be added. The edited content can be imported back into a viflow process model.
This article will explain how to work with the exported table.
This is how the table could look after export:
What is displayed in the table?
Columns that may not be edited:
- Object Type: The different types of objects in the process model (e.g. archiving type, usage type, process, information, etc.).
- Object Name: The name (name in the global properties) of the object in the process model. The name of the object may be repeated in the Object Name column, depending on how many attributes are available.
- Attribute name: Attributes of the object that can be translated/changed. These can be, for example, the following attributes: Remark, Description, Hyperlink, etc.
Columns that are edited and imported:
- Column with country abbreviation (e.g. "DE"): In this column you will find the name of the attribute in the respective language (for example under column DE Arbeitsmaterialien and column EN Materials).
How to add a new language
- Write the country abbreviation - according to ISO 3166-2 - of the desired language in the header of the next free column. You can find the corresponding country abbreviations here, for example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1.
- To edit certain objects, you should activate the Filter function. You can find this under the tab Home – Edit – Sort & Filter – Filter.
- Now you can sort and edit the table according to your wishes.
- viflow recognises the new language by means of the country abbreviation and automatically creates the content language during import.